Add to wishlists
Colca Canyon & Source Of The Great Amazon River
Keywords : Amazonriver , Amazonriversource , Arequipa , ArequipaPerú , Cañon del Colca , Colca , deepestcanyonontheworld , Mismi , naturaleza , Nature , Peru , toursonthenature
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Mismi mountain is the origin of the Amazon river with this Colca Canyon tour we will Including the visit to the Source of the Great Amazon River.
- Day 01. Colca Canyon
- Pick up at 3:00am
- We will pick you up then we will drive from Arequipa for 3 hours towards Chivay; the capital of the Colca Canyon on North West direction behind snow-covered Chachani. We will arrive to Yanque village there we have Breakfast.
- Then we continue driving for one and half hour more towards the most visited point “the Cross” of the Condor here, we are able to see the depth of the canyon and the flight of the Condor.
- The area presents beautiful typical towns, like Yanque & Maca, colonial churches, gently people with typical needlework dresses, hundreds of pre Inca terraces still in use with Andean growing like corn, quinoa, kiwicha among others. In addition, we will visit the hot spring pools that the entrance fee is additional for that there we have 45 minutes free.
- After lunch, we will drop of you at the hotel in Chivay afternoon will be free for your acclimatization.
- Night in Chivay
- Day 02. The great source of the Amazon River
- Breakfast very early
- 05:00am Pick up from the hostel (For Carhuasanta – 01 hour Walk in this day)
- We leave from Chivay in private transport to the place called Carhuasanta (5,000 masl) in a 02:30 hours we are going to be there Throughout the tour the landscape impresses us with lagoons, high Andean birds, Alpaca llamas and flora.
- Also small flocks, where families are dedicated to raising their llamas and alpacas. Carhuasanta is where the crystalline waters flow from a wall of rocks, and it is one of the origins of the great Amazon River and that it will flow into the Atlantic Ocean crossing along the Andean mountain range.
- 12:00 hrs we will be in Chivay if just visit the source (from Carhuasanta) and you will have enough time for have lunch.
- 13: 30 Pick up to come back to Arequipa; on the way, we stop at the highest pass: the viewpoint of the Volcanoes and snow covered mountains in Patapampa (4,800 m. - 15,000 ft.). Later we will see wild vicuñas, alpacas & llamas in Pampa Cañahuas national reserve, some birds like flamingoes, ibis, Andean gooze, ducks, Andean eagle "Kara Kara".
- 18:00 hrs. approximately Back in Arequipa.
Time : 04:00
Arequipa - Colca Canyon - Chivay-Hotel pick up -Breakfast -Condor cross viewpoint -Canyon -Viewpoints, villages -Chivay
Time : 05:00
The great source of the Amazon River - Arequipa-Transfer to the source of the Amazon River -One hour hiking -Landscape impresses us with lagoons, high Andean birds, Alpaca llamas and flora. -Back to Chivay then to Arequipa city.
- Official English tour guide
- Round trip tourist transportion *shared
- 2 Breakfast
- 01 hotel night in Chivay
- Hotel pick up
- Private transportation (Chivay -Carhuasanta-Chivay)
- Hiking tour guide
- Oxygen gallon in mobility
- Meals (lunch – dinner)
- Tourist ticket Entrance fee USD 21.00 (mandatory)
- Hot Spring ticket USD 5.00 (optional)
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing