- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The Rainbow Mountain in Peru has received a lot of attention lately and it is definitely one of the top places to visit in Cusco. When you are in the city of the Incas, we highly recommend doing the Tres Rainbows hike and get to know these postcard-like mountains and its unique landscape. The Rainbow Mountains in Peru will astonish you immediately because of their variety of colors due to the existing minerals in the soil.
- This is not the typical trekking tour to the Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain where you will be with hundreds of other tourists fighting to get the best photo with no people on it. This is the alternative rainbow mountain tour on which you will not only see "one" Rainbow Mountain but three and the hike is only 1 hour (1.5 km/0.9 miles each way) instead of 3 hours.
- Also, you will not be bothered by large tourist groups around and you might even be accompanied by an alpaca or llama during the hike. With us, you will arrive first at the Rainbow Mountains and also get to know more about the local community living there.
- 3:45 am: Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
- 5:30 am: Breakfast in local restaurant
- 8:00 am: Optional visit of the Palccoyo community and its potato museum (depends on community's availability)
- 9:30 am: Arrival at the parking lot (view of the 1st rainbow mountain) + Briefing
- 10:00 am: Visit of the 2nd rainbow mountain
- 10:30 am: Visit of the 3rd rainbow mountain
- 11:00 am: Hike up to the stone forest (optional) with a spectacular view
- 11:30 am: Head back to the car and drive to the restaurant
- 13:50 pm: Lunch in local restaurant
- 15:30 pm: Arrival in Cusco and drop-off at your hotel
Time : 03:30
Cusco - Rainbow Mountain Palccoyo - Back in Cusco10:00pm End of the tour in Cusco approximately.
• Hotel pickup and drop-off by professional driver
• English speaking licensed local tour guide
• Small group tour with 2-8 people
• Visit of potato museum in local community (optional)
• Breakfast and lunch (vegetarian and vegan food options available)
• Hike with alpaca or llama (depends on availability and weather, we can’t decide which animal will join us as this depends on the community)
• Trekking poles
• First-aid kit and oxygen
- Entrance to the Rainbow Mountain area (S/ 10)
- Tips for your guide
- Personal equipment
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
•Bring change in order to pay small expenses, such as for using the restroom or to support the locals by buying their handicrafts (from 4 up to 100 soles). Donations to the community, such as old clothes or utilities, such as pens, notebooks etc. are more than welcome.
•Clothing: Bring your backpack, a rain cape, gloves, a hat, hiking shoes, an extra pair of socks and wear layers of hiking clothes so you'll be warm
•Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and some extra money
•Pack some snacks