- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
This tour depart from Puno city to visit Uros and Taquile island on the famous and highest navigable lake and this is Titicaca lake.
- 06:30 hrs. Early in the morning you will be picked up from your hotel in Puno by our local guide and then transferred to the harbor.
- We start off our boat excursion of Lake Titicaca by visiting “The Uros Floating Islands”, a small community that has lived on these reed Islands for decades.
- Centuries ago the small indigenous Uros tribe conceived of the islands as a way to isolate and protect themselves from rival tribes, the Collas and the Incas.
- The Uros people harvested the reeds in the shallows of the lake, bundled them together tightly and built floating island platforms complete with reed houses and canoes, creating in this way their own little world. On the islands we will learn with our local guide about the life style and customs.
- After strolling around the floating Islands, we continue our journey towards “Taquile Island” (2-hour approx.), a traditional Quechua speaking community, full of ancient agricultural terraces. The Taquile population was relatively isolated from the mainland until 1950s, and the notion of the community and family is still very strong among them.
- The weaving tradition of the Taquile Island goes back to early civilizations, thus keeps elements from pre-Inca Andean cultures alive in the present. All weaving is done on pre-Inca fixed and pedal looms. The most characteristic garments are the so-called “Chullo”, a knitted hat with an earflap, and “The Calendar Waistband”, depicting the annual cycles connected to ritual and agricultural activities.
- When we reach the shores of Taquile Island, we will have to walk up along a narrow path, enjoying on the way impressive views of the Lake Titicaca and also see gorgeous little houses inhabited by the direct decedents of the Inca Culture.
- At the top of the Island, you will have free time to explore this place on your own and afterwards you will meet the group for lunch at one local restaurant.
- After lunch, we will descent to the harbor to take our boat back to Puno.
- We will be back in Puno at 17:00 hrs. Approximately. End of the tour.
Time : 06:30
Puno - Uros islands - Taquile island - PunoEnd of the tour at: 17:00 in Puno city
- Pick up from your hotel in Puno and transfer to the harbor of the lake Titicaca
- Tourist boat transportation with toilet facilities on board
- Entrance fees
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Lunch included on the taquile island
- Drop off at your hotel in Puno at the end of the tour
- Snacks bottle of water
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing